La Luna de Plata
Our website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and EU and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, email, address, telephone number). We will use this information to administer our website and client database. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to La Luna de Plata contacting you using that method.
We do not use this information to send marketing material (we don’t do marketing!). When you send us your contact details we store this within our own e-mail system so that we are able to respond to you.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please e-mail us here.
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
La Luna de Plata collects information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms or payment details. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
To fulfill your jewellery order you must provide me with certain information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example) if you contact me directly. This information will also be used to settle any disputes and provide customer support, and if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim or if required by tax laws. This information is also used for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if these legitimate interest are not overridden by your rights or interest, such as providing and improving my services .
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Who we share information with?
La Luna de Plata will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of any form of contact with us, to anyone.
La Luna de Plata shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances as follows:
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith and belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our clients, or others.
How long do we keep your data for?
La Luna de Plata will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide a support-related service. Generally we will keep your data for 2 years.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
You can choose how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to La Luna de Plata by contacting us by e-mail here. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, update or delete your personal information controlled by La Luna de Plata regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us by e-mail here.