For Sale – a Traditional Spanish village house with terraces and an artists studio, that has stunning sea-views – on the Costa Tropical, Andalucia, Southern Spain – 110,000€
This is an unusual 2 bedroom terraced village house, situated in a tiny hamlet of 8 houses on a hill overlooking the Mediterranean sea, with sea and mountain views to the front and back. The Costa Tropical is the coastal area of Granada Province, Andalucia, and has a warm micro-climate with an average of 320 days of sun a year. Usually winters are very short (2-3 months) and it’s rare the day-time temperatures fall below 18C .
The construction size of the property itself is 77 metres2 (6 rooms). With outside terraces at the back of the house of 20 metres2.
The village is accessed down an unmade river bed (rambla), which is 5mins drive from the coast and the seaside villages of Casarones and Castillo de Baños (where there are beaches, bars, a shop and a campsite with a swimming pool); and 10 minutes drive along the coast road to the fishing villages of Castell del Ferro and La Mamola (where there are many bars, restaurants, shops, pharmacies, banks, estate agents, doctors, schools, weekly street markets, water sports etc.).
The house has full, legal, paperwork in my name. Utilities:
- Mains water and electricity (solar power is an option).
- we have Wimax internet/telephone, but ‘normal’ Telefonica telephone/broadband is available.
- Mains gas is not available so the cooker runs on butane bottles (bought locally).
- 80 litre Water Heater installed.
- Central heating is not needed but we have a Log Burning Stove. The house has very thick traditional walls to keep out the heat in the summer and keep it warm in the winter.
- The house is built on a hill so you ‘ascend’ up stairs as you go through the house to the terraces at the back.
- Council tax/rates (IBI) are currently 185€ per year.
- Very low outgoings, and the house has rental income or holiday home potential, or just come to live here permanently like we did 10 years ago!
- You can download a floor plan of the house here.
- Car parking nearby.
- The local area is safe, relaxed and friendly. In July and August it is very busy with mostly Spanish tourists. This is a traditional Spanish area, it does not have the tourist mayhem of the Costas.
- Certificacion Energetica acquired (which is a legal requirement to sell), which you can see here.
- You can see more information on my Facebook page of local property and information here.
The house is currently used as follows:
Front door leads into Kitchen– 5 metres long, 2.7 metres wide (washing machine and fridge may be included in the sale price). Currently I also use this room as my home office. Several built-in cupboards. Views to the mountains, nearby villages and the sea. Large window and wooden front stable-door. High beamed sloping ceiling.
Kitchen leads into Lounge – 5 metres long, 2.5 metres wide (could be used as a dining room/lounge/flexible). With a cast iron wood burning stove (may be included in the sale price), that is used for approximately 2/3 months a year. High beamed ceiling.
Steps up from Lounge into large Bathroom – 3 metres long, 2.7 metres wide, with ceramic bath and large tiled shower enclosure. Toilet, sink, large storage cupboard, electric water heater. High beamed ceiling with a window set high for light/air.
Small flight of steps up from Lounge leading to:
- Steps up to main Bedroom and
- Steps up to second reception room.
Bedroom – 5.3 metres long by 2.6 metres wide. A large room with 2 built-in wardrobe spaces, a large storage alcove, 2 small windows (mountain views). Wooden beams and traditional bamboo ceiling. The log-burning stove pipe runs through the bedroom, so providing gentle heat when it’s in use.
Second Reception room – 2.7 metres long, 2.5 metres wide. Currently used as a library and music room. A very rustic room, with traditional stone (wonky) walls! Could also be used as a lounge or bedroom, a very relaxing space. Steps lead up from this room to the outside terraces, and there is a large glass-block area of the back wall that lets in a large amount of light. Area around the back-door has space for storage or seating. Back door is half-mosaic’d with a mural.
Main Terrace – 3.6 metres long, 2.4 metres wide. Tiled, and a generous size but not too onerous if you don’t want to manage a large garden space. Over-looking the sea with a stunning view to Castell de Ferro (village).
Outside the terrace is a further un-made terrace that has been gravelled and is planted with aloe vera, succulents, yukka and a grape vine, but which could be fenced off and put to better use, measuring 3 metres long and 2.4 metres wide approx.
A small flight of steps leads up from the terrace to an Artists Studio Room – 3.4 metres long and 2.5 metres wide. This is currently used as a jewellery studio and a spare bedroom (large sofa-bed), but is flexible in its use (teenagers bedroom!, office, sun-room, studio, storage etc.). 4 windows with sea and mountain views. This room has its own sink and toilet. Wooden stable-door.
There is also a further small paved terrace that is fenced with wooden poles and measures 2.3 metres long and 1.4 metres wide. And the roof of the studio room could also be fenced to be used as a further terrace if required (both of these areas are accessible via existing vertical metal steps).
Lots more Pictures of our Mediterranean House for sale available, please ask! You can download a floor plan here and an official floor plan in Spanish here.
Be aware that in this area of Spain there are ‘plasticos’, i.e. large green-houses and there are many near our house, which are not to some peoples taste. However, they provide the main source of income and employment in this area, and produce a large variety of tropical fruits and the salad vegetables that are sold to Northern Europe (and you’ll be given an awful lot of fruit and veg!).
Our Mediterranean House for Sale! Lesley, August 2017 (you can read more about the start of our Spanish adventure here).